Thursday, January 20, 2011

Solar panels !


Sorry, it took me so long to post something new, but we have been busy. The work on our current home is done & the house is up for sale ! So, Katie & I have been building our own solar panels , successfully ! I build the frames , mark and glue the solar cells on . Then Katie does her magic, by soldering the cells together. Soldering is her specialty , for years now she's been constructing tiffiny stained glass and does beautiful work. We have 4 panels built and plan to build at least four more before we move. This will give us a good start since we don't have electric there. We want to stay off the grid if at all possible. I am also researching on how to build my own wind turbine , since we get a nice breeze down that hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment